I have been making mead for about one year now and it has been a rewarding experience. I have had quite a few project ideas bouncing around and I want to start keeping track of them for my own purposes and maybe these ideas will spark someone else’s imagination.
(*) means I want to repeat this idea because it was so good.
- Anise seed and buckwheat session*
- Jekka Harvest Mead (see post)*
- Oaked sack mead (failed)
- Peanut Butter* (I forgot the recipe)
- Blueberry (I want to repeat bc the first one oxidized and tastes like cardboard)
I forgot to calculate nutrients so if something goes wrong, that is most likely it.
- Capsicumel (one jalapeño per gallon)
- Lemon Drop Mead (zest from 2 lemons and 3.2 oz. lactose per gallon)
- Coffee Mead (made with cold brew, maybe lactose?)
- Metheglin using the Jekka Harvest Mead spice method
- Sack Mead (no oak)
- Braggot (3 lbs. DME, 3 lbs. Honey in three gallons) (blow off tube?)
- Kettle Soured Mead
- Keep working on traditionals with different honey varietals